OTA2 Update for June 2010
At the end of June, the number of unbundled lines stands at 6.91 million. There are 6.04 million WLR lines and the number of telephone numbers using CPS is 3.35 million.
This update is the second of our new format, where we will now publish a full update quarterly, with an interim report in the other months concentrating on the KPI’s that so many people seem to find useful. Our July report will be in the more familiar fuller format.
During June we have made good progress on our review of Erroneous Transfer issues and have agreed the adoption of a more robust set of processes. The key challenge is to get them introduced quickly and we will be looking for all parties to co-operate fully in order to reduce the instance of this problem.
We continue to refine the list of proposed improvements to the existing MAC and AoT processes and currently await feedback from industry regarding implementation.
We have also completed significant milestones on BCMR, and Minimum Security.
We will provide more detail in our full update in July.
Our KPI charts show current performance levels.
- Provisioning & Repair performance (LLU & WLR) - At our recent OTA2 Executive meeting, Openreach provided a retrospective account of service level improvements achieved last year (i.e. 09/10) with a comprehensive view of targets and improvement initiatives proposed for 2010/11.
- CPs highlighted their concerns that the measures and targets proposed needed further development on 2 specific fronts:-
- Cycle Times – the current metric suite concentrates on RFT (right first time) which is fine but needs to be viewed alongside actual lead times to complete the picture.
- Plan & Build Performance – there is a lack of meaningful performance metrics/reports provided by Openreach at a time when delivery performance is perceived as poor.
More details will be provided in next month’s report.
- The Service Delivery issues in Connectivity Services – The recovery plan has now delivered and the orders are being completed in normal BAU timescales.
OTA2 will continue to focus on:
- 18 month Development Roadmap - implementation & change control
- EMP consumption issues
- Documentation issues
- Data Integrity issues
- WLR/LLU Process development
- Connectivity Services - Product Issues
- Connectivity Services Process Development
- Current migrations processes-Critical Review
- Erroneous Fixed Line Transfers activity
- Fixed line porting - Improvements
- Service levels (LLU/WLR/Ethernet)
- Migrations Process development for NGA to/from Copper
- Minimum Security Standards
- Displaced Mobile Emergency Calls
- Openreach Ethernet strategic Product review
- BCMR principles agreement