OTA2 Update for August 2011
At the end of August, the number of unbundled lines stands at 7.63 million. There are 6.38 million WLR lines and the number of telephone numbers using CPS is 2.79 million.
This is a shortened format update concentrating on the KPI’s that so many people find useful. We plan to publish our next full update for the month of October and the following is an interim update on some important areas of our work:
New ‘backstop’ SLG (Service Level Guarantee)
- Good progress had been made during the month in terms of reaching a ‘consensual’ position between Openreach and CPs regarding the establishment of an SLG for provision lead times where appointed orders are involved.
- Following more detailed information provided by Openreach, the proposed SLG backstop of 14 days (12+2) is now agreed
- In overall terms the underlying approach has been agreed & it only remains to decide on the embedded values (e.g. SLG value, forecasting accuracy, etc).
- OTA2 continue to work with all parties to complete this important activity as soon as possible
Performance was negatively impacted due to the civil riots and some systems issues during the month but Openreach did well to quickly recover the situation and normal service was resumed in relatively short order.
Our KPI charts show current performance levels.
OTA2 will continue to focus on:
- New ‘backstop’ SLG
- Address Data Matching Integrity issues
- WLR/LLU Process development
- Connectivity Services Process Development
- Ethernet strategic Product review
- Strategic Review of Consumer Switching
- Erroneous Fixed Line Transfers activity
- Fixed line porting - Improvements
- Service levels (LLU/WLR/Ethernet)
- Minimum Security Standards
- PIA - Passive Infrastructure Access
- VULA – Virtual unbundled line access